Sunday 6 April 2014

Film Challenge


Well hello my trusty readers. I might have given this post the most misleading name ever. It kinda sounds like one of those challenges those cool youtubers do, but no, I must disappoint you as this post is nothing like that. I apologise.

So what exactly is this mystic thing I've named 'film challenge'. Well, a few weeks ago I had some kind of epiphany. I've been struggling with posting frequently on my blog because I do not want to bore everyone to death talking about petty episodes of my life- because lets be honest who cares? Next to that, I also have this kinda stupid problem that whenever I tell myself I am going to have a film night I just end up watching videos on youtube all night or doing other stupid shit, like browsing the forever21 website and crying because I cannot buy the 100 euros worth of clothes I threw into the shopping cart. ANYWAY. Combining these two problems, I came up with a single solution. I have decided that every week I will watch a film that I will review on here (YAAAAY), so I can not only get more comfortable with writing, but also watch all the films I have been planning to see for a very long time but I have just never gotten down to seeing.

How big are the chances I am gonna fuck this up and not reach the one film a week? Pretty big. To cut myself some slack I'll probably not review them all seperately, but maybe talk about two or three in one post. I will try to have some variation in the types of films I watch, including classics (because I love classics), and animation films because I tend to ignore those.

Okay so for this month I have chosen: The Grand Budapest Hotel, Psycho, Frozen, and Philomena. I already saw the first two and I'm probably going to rave about them because they are epic, and also the newest editions to my favourite films list. I chose Frozen because then I can finally see what all the fucking fuss is about, and Philomena because I heard it's pretty heartbreaking and since the other ones aren't really, it seems like a good pick.

For me, this is something to look forward to and I am pretty excited about it! I'm also planning to reinvent my blog, which is sorely needed because it looks like shit. Sadly I suck at anything involving computers so this is probably going to take forever since I have to get my brother to do it for me. And he is a lazy bastard. And I probably do not have time to boss him around in the near future. However, I have now announced it and it will truly happen- someday.

I was planning on also writing a bit about how I still haven't heard from uni about studying abroad, but ignoring it makes me feel better about life so I won't expand on that. The same goes for Wuthering Heights, which I have been reading and hating. Oh god this book. I hate it with a burning passion. But hey I might be able to shed some more light on both of these matters in a bit, so for now, c'est tout.


No comments:

Post a Comment