Friday 11 April 2014

Devon? Cornwall? Exeter?!!


I don't even know how to start this post so I'm just gonna dive right into it. I AM GOING TO EXETER. For half a year. To study. At a really nice university! O.M.G.

Yes, the day was yesterday, and the news hit like a train driving into a station (like a really big station like Utrecht Centraal where the train halts every 5 minutes and shit). So I came home after a wonderful syntax class, opened my laptop and the first thing I saw were all these messages of my peers flooding Facebook, announcing they were going to all these awesome universities. By that time my adrenaline levels were sky-high- to put this into contrast my adrenaline rises even by checking grades online and watching dumb Steven Seagal films (which I don't do this is a lie). I immediately called my sis to get her to check the mail for me. Now asking my sister to do this did make it that much more exciting. She was like: "ah yeah there is a letter.....what you want me to do?" So of course I told her to open it and then she asked me if I wanted her to read it out with a tone that implied it was the weirdest request ever?!?! Which it obviously was. And then she was like ah it says University of Exeter.....

So that was a bit of a shock. I did not really know what to do with that information? It was this weird mix of disappointment and excitement, with that voice in the back of my mind saying "told you so bitch". Since the University of Kent was my first choice I was hoping for that, but then again I have learned to not get my hopes up too much. Long story short, I had a lot of stuff going on in my mind and a lot to process.

Kent is a no-go, abort mission, put it out of your mind, don't be miserable about it.

And to be honest I could not be miserable about it even if I tried. I am super excited to go to Exeter, and I accepted it pretty fast. I have this weird train of thought that is something along the lines of: "there is probably a reason for this, just accept it".

I have. And now the difficult part starts. I have to choose courses, explore what the uni is about, explore what the city is about, find out how to get there, figure out housing, get registered, make the arrangements to move out of my place in Nijmegen (which is kinda sad after all), do all this official shit involving contracts and papers and ugh, I CAN'T WAIT.

No more waiting, no more doubt, I'm going to Exeter.
(and it feels great to say)




No comments:

Post a Comment