Friday 14 March 2014

Exciting Times


As I have fought off most of my post-concert depression I thought it was about time to blog about some pretty epic experiences I had the past few days. Or actually experiences might not be the right word to use because I have not actually experienced half of the things that made these days amazing BUT WHATEVER. Let's not deflect.

To begin with the subject at hand, I went to a concert wednesday and it was freaking amazing. I think I might've mentioned it before but we went to see Bastille, who happen to put together a fucking awesome show. It was just a perfect day. Some of my friends from back home came to crash at my place, and together with some of my uni friends we ventured to Amsterdam. I think I speak for all of them when I say that we absolutely love the band, and thus were very very excited to see them. One of my friends had not been to a concert since forever and I think we converted her to the dark side (money-wise that is), as she said she is now going to try to go to concerts more often. I honestly do not blame her because concerts might just be the best things in life. As for Bastille, they were amazing. They are great live performers, and they played some new stuff which was nice. The interaction with the crowd was really down to earth, no Alex Turner vibes going on there whatsoever, and the lead singer's awkward dancing was just an invitation to bust out some moves. I realise I am really shit at explaining why it was so awesome but it really was and you guys are just going to have to take my word for it. Also, If you have not heard of Bastille -which I think is unlikely, especially if you are Dutch and listen to 3FM a lot because they as good as adopted them- go check them out. Now.

As expected, I went through a post-concert dip the day after, which actually was a pretty good reason to skip some classes too. However, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and it's called Pinkpop. My friends and I have been going to this festival for years now, and it has become some what of a tradition - which pretty much means we go regardless of the line-up. The last two years the line-up was a bit so so but this year's has blown away my expections. I'm getting my ticket tomorrow, so that's something to look forward to. (I may seem calm but I'm SO EXCITED).

On top of all that I will probably hear where I am going on exchange in about two weeks. So yeah, another thing to freak out about. It's hard putting together a good blog post when you're high on life.


No comments:

Post a Comment