Sunday 29 December 2013

Looking back: 2013


Okay, don't worry. This won't be a cheesy blog in which I hash up every-fucking-thing that happened this year, because honestly my life isn't even that interesting. However, I happened to stumble upon this questionnaire on tumblr that seemed entertaining enough for me to answer, and hopefully my answers will be entertaining enough to read (I'm sorry in advance).

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting my "propedeuse", in other words succesfully completing my first year at university.

What was the best thing you bought?
My phone. Definitely.

Where did most of your money go?
Clothes, cinema, festivals, books, going out, and tickets for concerts. I'd say money well spent.

What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Going on vacation to Edinburgh, festivals and concerts, and movies. Probably. It takes some effort to get me truly excited/happy.

What song will always remind you of 2013?
Blurred Lines, unfortunately. And probably any track on AM, or anything by Bastille.

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressing out about uni and subsequently being an asshole.

What was the best book you read?
Okay so this was probably the first year I actually had to read a lot of books, and I couldn't possibly choose. But some books I definitely enjoyed reading are:

Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest by Ken Kesey
England, England by Julian Barnes

What was your greatest musical discovery?
Probably Vampire Weekend, Bastille, The 1975, Noah and the Whale, and The Arctic Monkeys (but that was more like a rediscovery). 

How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
Whatever I like. Definitely oversized sweaters, Converse, skinny jeans and boots, but also button-ups and skirts so it really depends on the mood I'm in. I think I finally decided to dress for me and not give a shit about what other people think about it.

What political issue stirred you the most?
This was the year I learned some really valuable lessons on social/political problems, and I'm glad of it. Things that annoyed me were most of American politics, 'de zwarte Pieten discussie', and generally people that act like fools. (So yeah I didn't really answer the question)

I guess that this was neither thrilling nor enlightening, but there you have it.



·        

No comments:

Post a Comment